Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon April 1, 2013
State Offers New Tax Return Tracker
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Kentuckians have two weeks to submit their income taxes, but more online resources are now available to not only help taxpayers file but to track the status of refunds.
A new feature on the Finance and Administration Cabinet website called “Where’s My Refund?” will supply up-to-date information about 2012 returns as it becomes available. Pamela Trautner with the Cabinet says tracking only requires a few pieces of information.
"Once there you will need to enter your society security number and the amount of the refund that you are expecting," Trautner says.
Electronic filing has increased every year since it became available in 2003. 78 percent of individual filers took advantage of it in 2011. As of last week, the number of e-filers this year is at 93 percent.