Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue October 6, 2009
State Launches Swine Flu Hotline
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – At least four deaths in Kentucky are now blamed on H1N1, or swine flu.
The latest deaths involved a Caldwell County teenager, with no known health problems, and a Christian County woman in her late 20's, who had underlying medical conditions.
Despite the deaths, health officials say swine flu is no more virulent than seasonal flu and most swine flu patients recover.
Kentucky's first batch of swine flu vaccine will arrive this week. It'll be in nasal spray form and health care workers and caregivers will be first in line to receive it. The injectable form of the vaccine should be available in a few weeks.
Health officials recommend you get vaccinated against both seasonal flu and swine flu. And if you have questions about flu, call 877-843-7727.