Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu June 27, 2013
State House And Senate Plan To Go Public Early With Redistricting Plans
FRANKFORT, Ky. - State Senate president Robert Stivers said Wednesday the Senate hopes to release its proposal for new legislative boundaries before the special session on the politically charged issue starts August 19th.
Stivers says he would like the public to see the plan before the negotiations begin.
House Speaker Greg Stumbo has also announced that his chamber plans to release their proposals ahead of the session date as well.
Redistricting plans are typically not released until they are ready to be voted on by the House and Senate. Gov. Steve Beshear announced the special session last week.