Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon June 2, 2014
State Hosting Pitch Competitions For Entrepreneurs
The state is hosting pitch competitions for budding entrepreneurs, who will present their business ideas to local investors in eight cities around the state.
Cash prizes will go to the winners, as well as a chance to present the business plans to the Kentucky Angel Investors Network in Frankfort. Gov. Steve Beshear's office said in a news release that the group brings new ventures and accredited investors together.
The first event is Tuesday in Ashland, followed by events in Pikeville, Murray, Elizabethtown, Richmond, Louisville, Covington and Lexington. For more information, visit http://kyinnovation.com .
The competition is designed to be similar to the television show "Shark Tank" and is sponsored by the Cabinet for Economic Development's Office of Entrepreneurship, along with the Kentucky Angels Network and the Kentucky Innovation Network.