Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Fri October 2, 2009
State Brings In Extra Bucks Through Surplus Auctions
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – A couple of auctions of surplus state property are helping make a dent in Kentucky's ongoing deficit problem. Combined, the auctions raised more than $1.5 million for the commonwealth. Kentucky Public Radio's Tony McVeigh dropped by Tuesday's auction.