Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon January 26, 2009
Starting a Business In KY Just Got Easier
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – It's called FastTrack and it's designed to save companies time and money by eliminating bureaucratic red tape. Secretary of State Trey Grayson says all entrepreneurs have to do is fill out an application online, pick a business name, submit the form and await an email response. "This is not only more efficient, on our end, it's more convenient to customers because you can do this whenever you want. You can do it in the middle of the night and we'll check the name first thing in the morning, make sure it's OK, because we have to do that. But then we'll send an email confirmation. So, it's the greenest thing we've ever done."
Right now FastTrack allows Domestic Corporations and Limited Liability Corporations to file online. In coming months, the system will be expanded. Since the website was created through an existing contract, there is no additional cost to the state. To access FastTrack