Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed June 24, 2009
Special Session Likely To End Today
By Tony McVeigh
Frankfort, KY – House and Senate conferees have reached agreement on a budget reduction plan and a financing mechanism for major bridge projects. Senate President David Williams says they're also very close to agreement on the governor's economic incentives plan. "Yes, I anticipate that we will reach accord on everything that we can agree on and we will be ready to vote on measures that will be enacted shortly after we convene."
If that happens, the special session, which began June 15th will come to a close. The session, which originally was called to balance the state budget, will likely be best remembered for video slots legislation, that squeaked through the House, only to die in Senate committee.