Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon September 23, 2013
Shooting Suspect Who Prompted Danville Lockdown Still At Large
DANVILLE, Ky. - Danville Police say a suspect who fatally shot three people at a downtown pawn shop remains at large.
Chief Tony Gray said at a news conference Monday that a van seen in the area could have been the suspect's vehicle and police are continuing to seek tips and information from the public.
The shop's owners, Michael Hockensmith and his wife Angela Hockensmith, were killed in the Friday shootings, along with Daniel P. Smith of Richmond.
Gray said Smith had a "business arrangement" with the store and had a weekly routine that included a stop there. He said police are trying to determine if Smith was robbed during the shooting.
Gray says Kentucky State Police and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are assisting in the investigation.