Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon May 3, 2010
Services Set For Killed Lexington Police Officer
By Brenna Angel
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- – Family, friends, and colleagues are preparing to say goodbye to a fallen Lexington police officer. Visitation for Officer Bryan J. Durman will be held Monday from 3pm to 8pm this at Southland Christian Church.
Brandy Durman says her husband was an excellent father to their four-year-old son, Brayden.
"It's so hard to wrap my mind around the fact my Bryan is gone. The suspect can still wake up every morning. He has the privilege to see his family. I will never get to be held by my Bryan again, or wake up next to him. Brayden asked if he could hug his daddy. What am I supposed to tell him?"
Durman was killed in a hit and run crash Thursday night while he was responding to a call on North Limestone. The suspect, 33-year-old Glenn Doneghy, is due in court Monday.
Durman's funeral will be held Tuesday at Southland followed by graveside services.