Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Thu June 18, 2009
Senate President Williams Accuses Pro-Slots Lawmakers Of "Vote-Buying"
By Stu Johnson
Frankfort, KY – Williams called efforts to round up support in the house for the gaming legislation brazen.' He says funding for local school projects is being promised in exchange for votes in favor of expanded gambling
"they think buying votes is not illegal on the thing because they say individual legislators are not profiting and therefore is not a violation of the hobbs act that's what they are telling their members when the members are negotiating."
Williams says senate leaders may find some other funding source for school buildings. However, he adds it may be a source house members don't like. House speaker Greg Stumbo reacted to Williams vote buying' comment by saying " I doubt Senator Williams said such an outrageous thing. This is simply legislation to provide our children good schools."