Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon June 11, 2012
Second Sunday Attracts Enthusiastic Crowd
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Thousands of Kentuckians packed the Blue Grass Airport Runway yesterday for the city’s third Second Sunday – and event that allowed visitors to bike, learn martial arts and yoga, and even enjoy chair massages while planes took off on the adjacent runway.
Councilman Jay McChord is the man behind Second Sunday.
"I think what's funny to watch is how much people exercise when they're having fun. It's kind of like a day at Disneyland. You go and go and you don't even know you were exercising like crazy," McChord said.
McChord has said he wants the city to show Mens Health magazine, which ranked Lexington as the country’s most sedentary city last year, that Lexingtonians are eager to get fit.