Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Sat April 5, 2014
Scott County Leads For Population Growth In Ky.
Scott County is the fastest growing county in Kentucky, according to projections by the U.S. Census Bureau.
The Lexington Herald-Leader reports Scott County's population grew by 2 percent between July 1, 2012, and July 1, 2013.
According to estimates, Oldham was the second fastest growing county, with a 1.6 percent population increase. Shelby and Montgomery were next, each with 1.4 percent growth, followed by Bath with 1.3 percent. Finishing the top 10 were tag, Bullitt, Warren, Jessamine and Spencer counties.
All of the fastest-growing counties benefit from their proximity to large cities, and eight of the 10 fastest-growing counties are on interstates.
The census estimates were developed using the 2010 federal census as a baseline. Population change each year was calculated using births, deaths, administrative records and survey data.