Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed June 27, 2012
School District Buys Land for New Elementary School
LEXINGTON, Ky. - A 15-acre parcel of land east of I-75 in Fayette County will be home to Lexington’s next elementary school.
The Fayette County Board of Education voted this week to purchase the property on Deer Haven Lane for $1.087 million.
According to a statement from the school district, the new school will accommodate around 650 students and is expected to open in the fall of 2015. It will serve families in the Gleneagles neighborhood.
Fayette County Public Schools says other nearby schools – Athens-Chilesburg Elementary and Liberty Elementary – are over-capacity.