Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Tue February 18, 2014
SAVING STORIES: A Window Into Lexington's Segregated Past
This week we take a look back at Douglass Park, Lexington's first park dedicated exclusively for African Americans.
Hear what the park used to look like when it was built around 1916 as the city's first All-Black park.
The oral history interview was conducted in the 1990's with James O. Jones, who served as the commissioner for Lexington's African American Board of Parks.
WUKY In Depth