Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed August 22, 2012
Sales Of Existing Homes Rose In July, Another Sign Of Stronger Market
The National Association of Realtors said this morning that sales of existing homes increased to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.47 million.
Lawrence Yun, the association's economist, tells NPR's Dave Mattingly that there was also "solid" improvement from a year earlier. Sales were up about 10 percent from July 2011 and prices are up about 10 percent from then as well. Those are indications that "the housing market is healing and now contributing to economic growth," he said.