Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue October 9, 2012
Rupp Arena To Host NCAA Tournament Games
LEXINGTON, Ky. – The basketball home of the Kentucky Wildcats will be a host site for the 2013 NCAA Men's Tournament. According to the organization’s website, Rupp Arena will host second and third round games March 21st and the 23rd.
Lexington last welcomed NCAA tournament teams back in 2007, when Billy Gillispie led Texas A&M to an upset victory over Rick Pitino’s Louisville Cardinals.
Big Blue fans will be elsewhere since NCAA rules prohibit a home court advantage in the tournament.
The other tournament sites include the Palace at Auburn Hills outside Detroit, the EnergySolutions Arena in Salt Lake City, the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, the University of Dayton Arena, the Sprint Center in Kansas City and the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.
Tournament tickets go on sale this Saturday through the NCAA website.