Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri January 4, 2013
Rogers Begins 33rd Year as Congressman From Ky.
FRANKFORT, Ky. - The dean of Kentucky's congressional delegation, U.S. Rep. Hal Rogers, has begun his 33rd year representing the 5th District.
Rogers, chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, was sworn in Thursday for his 17th term.
In a written statement, Rogers said he will press Washington to operate within its means, promote small business growth, enact meaningful entitlement and tax reform and support the nation's military personnel and veterans.
Rogers boasted that the mountainous region he represents has steadily improved its infrastructure, environment and economy over the years. He thanked constituents for "standing shoulder
to shoulder with me.''