Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Rock & Roots
Fri July 12, 2013
“On the Road” with Rock & Roots – Forecastle 2013
Today’s the day! Forecastle 2013 officially starts, and we get to kick it off with a BBQ and Bourbon welcome in the media tent! After we get some pulled pork and Kentucky bourbon in our bellies, it’ll be time to start the interviews, the concerts, and the fun!
There really isn’t anything more exciting than getting to see some of your favorite artists, getting to discover new ones, and sit on the waterfront listening to thousands of people have a pretty spectacular time. I must admit I’m almost as excited that Forecastle is in Louisville (one of the greatest cities in the country…) as I am for everything that’s going on!
There are a number of late night shows this year – I’ve heard of at least two each night – we are going to try to sneak into! Between the Belle of Louisville shows, the ones across the river, and the ones going on at bars like Zanzabar and Headliners, there should be more than enough fun to last through 4am, at least. If the Forecastle Bourbon Lodge doesn’t get to us first….
So stay tuned, today we have an interview with Moon Taxi and are gearing up for Houndmouth, Night Beds, Young the Giant and Old Crow Medicine Show – to name a few. à bientôt !