Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Fri May 8, 2009
The Road Less Traveled
By Alan Lytle
Lexington, KY – Carole Haurylko obtained her biology degree from York College in Pennsylvania in 1979. But after charting a career path, then raising two daughters as a stay at home mom, she resumed her lifelong dream of becoming a nurse. At the urging of her husband, Carole enrolled in a special second degree program offered by UK's College of Nursing.
Carole's two daughters, one who has already graduated from UK the other is currently enrolled, will be on hand to watch their mother walk the aisle one more time.