Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
Tue May 21, 2013
Richie Farmer's Sister Resigns From Kentucky Registry Of Election Finance
FRANKFORT, Ky. - Former Agriculture Commissioner Richie Farmer's sister has resigned as assistant executive director of the Kentucky Registry of Election Finance.
Rhonda Monroe had been placed on paid leave on March 19, a day after she and Farmer were charged by the Executive Branch Ethics Commission with filing false documents that allowed Farmer to claim excess expenses from his 2007 re-election campaign fund.
The Courier-Journal, citing documents obtained under the Open Records Act,reported Tuesday that Monroe resigned effective May 16.
Monroe did not give a reason in the letter for her resignation.
The registry's executive director, Sarah Jackson, responded with a letter accepting Monroe's resignation due to a pending investigation into alleged misconduct.