Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu May 22, 2014
Revamped Kentucky Theater Now Open
The Kentucky unveiled their renovated state of the art theater last night with the help of two famous Kentuckians.
They called it their own enchanted evening. Nick and Nina Clooney went on their first date at the Kentucky Theater 55 years ago. The movie playing that night in 1959 was Rogers and Hammerstein’s South Pacific.
“I got to marry the prettiest girl I ever saw. And we had two wonderful kids who still take our telephone calls. And although Augusta Kentucky may not be Bali Hai, still on one of those summer mornings when the mist is coming off the river and we’re looking at our Kentucky home, it’s pretty close.”
Today the Kentucky Theatre boasts an updated marquee, new seating and carpeting, freshly painted walls and a state of the art sound system while maintaining much of the charm of the building’s original architecture. Last night, a sold out crowd got to enjoy the renovated space for the first time along with the Clooney’s and were treated to a free screening of the film the couple watched when they first fell in love.