Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu August 9, 2012
Retailers Go For Gold By Evoking Olympic Games
Originally published on Thu August 9, 2012 8:03 am
More than 20 percent of online retailers have referred to the Olympics in their promotional materials in recent weeks. But unless they're official sponsors, they can't directly use trademarked Olympic symbols or even the word Olympics. So many have had to get creative, using language such as "go for the gold," "podium" or "world-class" to catch the attention of fans.