Most Active Stories
- To everyone that came to WUKY's Phoenix Fridays... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
- Free Speech Exercised, Tested At UK's Constitution Day
- New Deal For Centrepointe Garage And Town Branch Trail Extension In BizLexChat
- Satirical Senate Candidate To "Endorse" Biggest Fundraiser
- Pics Related To UK Shooting Case Released
Fri August 22, 2014
Republicans Submit FEC Complaint About Grimes' Bus
The contentious race between Alison Lundergan Grimes and Mitch McConnell has moved from the airwaves to the roadways.
The Republican Party of Kentucky has submitted a complaint to the Federal Election Commission alleging Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes accepted prohibited campaign donations from her father's company.
The complaint was hand delivered to the FEC Friday morning. It alleges Signature Special Event Services, owned by Grimes' father Jerry Lundergan, purchased a touring bus and then leased it to Grimes campaign at below market rates. Federal law bars companies from giving gifts to campaigns.
A spokeswoman for the Grimes campaign called the complaint a political stunt and said their compliance experts have done their due diligence and stand by the rental agreement the campaign made.
The FEC dismissed a similar complaint in 2010 involving a campaign bus rented to Nevada Republican Senate candidate Sue Lowden by a campaign donor.
WUKY In Depth