Most Active Stories
- Lexington's New Econ. Development Fund And Demise Of Desha's On BizLexChat
- Local Music Monday: Fifth On The Floor Frontman, Justin Wells
- Salvation Army Gets Extra Special Donation In Owensboro
- UK A Capella Group Set To Debut On "The Sing-Off"
- Walton Avenue Corridor, VisitLEX Part Of This Week's Bizlex Chat
Tue June 18, 2013
Rep. Yarmuth To Seek Reelection
LOUISVILLE, Ky. - The only Democrat left in Kentucky's congressional delegation says he will run for re-election next year.
U.S. Rep. John Yarmuth sent an email to supporters Tuesday announcing he'll seek a fifth term in 2014.
Yarmuth has represented the Louisville area's 3rd District since 2007.
In announcing his re-election campaign, he told supporters that he's as driven now in fighting for the district's priorities as he was when he first joined Congress.
Yarmuth received nearly twice as many votes as his Republican opponent in coasting to his fourth term in the 2012 election.
Yarmuth has been an outspoken supporter of the federal health-care overhaul championed by President Barack Obama. And he's warned that recent federal spending cuts would hurt the state's most vulnerable residents.