Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- WUKY's Phoenix Fridays... presented by Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals
- Kentucky Adventures: Experiencing The Bourbon Trail
Tue September 24, 2013
Quake In Central Pakistan Makes New Island
Originally published on Tue September 24, 2013 5:52 pm
A large earthquake shook a remote part of central Pakistan Tuesday, and so far local authorities have only reported a few dozen fatalities so far. But according to estimates by the U.S. Geological Survey, the death toll could be far higher. The quake also gave rise to a mysterious island off the coast of Pakistan. The island was likely created by frozen methane that was shaken loose by the shaking. It pushed its way to the surface and created a muddy piece of land that will soon be washed away.