Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Sun December 29, 2013
Pulaski County Settles Sexual Harassment Suit
Pulaski Co. paid a former detention center employee $137,500 to settle a lawsuit claiming she was sexually harassed by Jailer Mike Harris.
The Commonwealth Journal reports Rebecca Moses sued Harris and other county officials in September in federal court in London.
The lawsuit claims Harris subjected Moses to "sexually charged comments, innuendo, inappropriate touching and other demeaning, humiliating, embarrassing, intimidating and threatening conduct."
It claims the harassment began during Moses' first week of employment in June 2012 when Harris allegedly told her to wear mini-skirts and stilettos to work. The suit says Moses was terminated in August 2012 when she refused to submit to Harris' sexual advances.
Harris' attorney Charles Cole says his client is innocent.
The suit was dismissed on Dec. 18 as a condition of the settlement.