Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Tue April 13, 2010
Public To Get First Look At Legacy Trail Art Designs
By Rowe - Lytle
Lexington, KY – After some three years of discussion and input, the long-awaited Legacy Trail Public Art Master Plan is slated to be unveiled this evening. Lexingtonians are invited to come to the Downtown Arts Center and see the designs which will dot the bike and pedestrian path between the Kentucky Horse Park and (eventually) the Isaac Murphy Memorial Art Garden, downtown. Project Manger Kate Sprengnether says designs include flags, pavement paintings, and trail markers which will be embedded as walkers and bikers cross public roads. Construction on the 8.5 million dollar trail began a little over a week ago. Phase one runs from the Horse Park to Citation Boulevard, and should be completed in time for the World Equestrian Games this fall. The briefing will be from 7 to 9 pm.