Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue February 19, 2013
PSC Closes East Kentucky Power Review
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- The Public Service Commission says it has closed its review of East Kentucky Power and that the utility is "well positioned for long-term success."
The action was announced Tuesday and comes after the PSC ordered an independent audit of the utility in 2008 when it came close to a second credit default. The independent auditor made several recommendations in 2010 to improve the management at East Kentucky Power and shore up its finances.
The PSC has worked with the utility since then to assure the adoption of the 29 recommendations. A statement on Tuesday from the PSC said the utility has successfully implanted the recommendations and is no longer required to submit progress reports to the regulatory agency.