Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon August 10, 2009
Protestors In Louisville Want Yarmuth To Conduct Town Hall Meeting
By Stephanie Sanders
Louisville, KY – A number of opponents to the President's health care proposal have spoken out to their respective congressional representatives at town hall meetings in recent days.
Some Louisvillians who gathered outside the federal building are concerned no town hall meeting has been set for the Third Congressional District. Jennifer Decker says she wants a chance to speak to Congressman John Yarmuth.
"I want to know if he knows how many federal mandates are in the bill that are going to take choices away from the people and deny freedom to the people."
Yarmuth's office released a statement, saying the congressman will hold three town hall meetings via telephone, and one in-person town hall meeting at the end of the month.