Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
Thu June 27, 2013
Programming Changes On WUKY
July Programming Changes on WUKY
WUKY welcomes Undercurrents to our overnight lineup starting July 1st. Undercurrents is hosted by Gregg McVicar, and bring a fun music mix featuring Rock, Folk, Indie, Blues, and an excellent selection of contemporary Native Artists. It’s produced by National Native News. For more information: http://www.undercurrentsradio.net/
Undercurrents replaces the BBC overnights starting on July 1st.
WUKY also welcomes the TED Radio Hour Saturday mornings at 7, starting July 6th. Hosted by Guy Raz, the TED Radio Hour features excerpts from notable TED talks, plus interviews with those who are giving the talks. It’s one of the smartest shows on radio.
Sunday mornings will also see a couple of changes. At 6, Fresh Air Weekend takes to the airwaves. It’s the best of the previous week’s Fresh Air interviews and segments. It’s followed at 7 by Key Conversations. Hosted by Patrice Muhammad, Lazell Lowe and Andrea James, Key Conversations features local and national interviews from the perspective of the black community. You can find out more at http://www.lextown.info/