Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu August 23, 2012
Prize Ham Brings $300,000 At Farm Bureau Auction
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- A Louisville physician has offered the winning bid of $300,000 for a prize ham at a Kentucky Farm Bureau charity event in Louisville.
Dr. Mark Lynn purchased the 17.62 pound ham on Thursday. It was produced by Scott Hams of Greenville.
The $300,000 was a bargain compared to a record-setting $1.6 million paid for a similar ham two years ago.
The Farm Bureau's charity auction has become a Kentucky tradition, dating back to 1964. The money always goes to the charity of the winning bidder's choice.
The winning bids over the past over the last 10 years have averaged nearly $500,000.