Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri June 21, 2013
Postsecondary Ed. Chief Gets Contract Extension
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- The head of the Council on Postsecondary Education has been granted a two-year contract extension that continues his $360,000-a-year salary plus a $40,000-a-year housing allowance.
Council Chairwoman Pam Miller said the extension of Bob King's contract came after his annual evaluation that showed he "exceeded expectations."
Miller said council members found King's performance has been outstanding.
King's contract now runs through June 2017. He was hired as president of the council in 2008.