Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
Wed January 16, 2013
Police: Shooting at Ky. Community College Was Domestic Dispute
HAZARD, Ky. - Police say a domestic dispute was the cause of a shooting on a Kentucky college campus that killed two people and wounded a third.
A man, a woman and a 12-year-old girl were shot Tuesday night in a parking lot at Hazard Community and Technical College. The adults were killed and the juvenile was taken to a hospital. The extent of her injuries wasn't clear.
Hazard Police Chief Minor Allen says the shooting resulted from a dispute between the woman and the alleged shooter. He did not say how they were related.
Allen said 21-year-old Dalton Stidham was charged with two counts of murder and one count of attempted murder.
The victims have been identified as 20-year-old Caitlin Cornett and 53-year-old Jackie Cornett. The teenager's name was not released.