Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon October 20, 2008
Pendleton, Murray State Deny Allegations
By Kentucky Public Radio
Frankfort, KY – The state Republican Party says, over a two-year period, Senator Pendleton accepted almost 70-thousand dollars in salary from Murray State University while he was in Frankfort taking care of legislative duties. The party wants Murray State reimbursed and the attorney general to investigate. But Catharine Sivills of Murray State says Pendleton was a salaried employee and she knows of no misappropriation. As long as the job was getting done according to his managers, then there was no time frame that he was required necessarily to be here or there.
Pendleton, the Senate Minority Whip, flatly denies any wrongdoing. He says it's just a political attack because he's involved in a re-election campaign against Republican Tom Jones. The attorney general's office acknowledges receiving a request for an investigation and says it will be handled with proper protocol.