Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Wed May 19, 2010
Paul Rides Tea Party Wave To Primary Win
By Lisa Autry, Rick Howlett
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. -- – His campaign manager says Rand Paul has a full day of national media interviews ahead of him after winning last night's Republican primary for U.S. Senate
The 47-year-old Bowling Green eye surgeon secured 60 percent of the vote over Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Grayson. Campaigning on limited government, a balanced budget, and term limits, Paul rode a Tea Party tidal wave to victory.
Grayson, who was endorsed by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, urged his supporters to rally behind Paul.
Paul faces Attorney General Jack Conway in the November election.