Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TODAY!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed October 16, 2013
Pastor Charged In Shootings Pleads Not Guilty
A pastor charged with shooting and killing three people at a Danville pawn shop has pleaded not guilty.
Kenneth Keith Allen, 48, of Burnside entered the plea Wednesday morning in Boyle District Court. Keith is charged with shooting the owners of ABC Gold Games and More, 35-year-old Michael Hockensmith and his wife, 38-year-old Angela Hockensmith, and a gold broker, 60-year-old Daniel Smith of Richmond.
All three were killed inside the shop on Sept. 20.
Police say Keith was upset with the Hockensmiths and accused them of hurting him financially.
Keith's attorneys say police have charged the wrong man in the shootings.