Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Fri October 3, 2008
Only One Kentucky Congressman Switches Bailout Vote
By Kentucky Public Radio-Capitol News Connection
Washington, DC – Louisville Democrat John Yarmuth voted against the House's version of the rescue plan Monday. This time around, his vote helped pass the bailout. But not without reservations.
Along with other freshman Democrats, Yarmuth received a phone call Thursday....a private conference call with Senator Barack Obama. The Democratic Presidential Nominee assured Yarmuth this would only be a temporary measure, to shore up financial markets.
Obama pledged to address their concerns about bankruptcy rules, market regulation and mortgages when and if he becomes President.
The measure now goes to the President's desk.