Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue March 23, 2010
Officials Cut Ribbon On New Women's Hospital
By Brenna Angel
Lexington, KY – At a cost of 60 million dollars, officials with Saint Joseph Health System say their new Women's Hospital in Lexington will offer the latest in comfort and medical treatment for expectant mothers.
The Women's Hospital at St.Joseph East will house labor and delivery rooms, neonatal and intensive care, and a large nursery.
At Tuesday's ribbon-cutting ceremony for the facility, St. Joseph East Administrator Eric Gilliam says they'll be able to handle up to 3,000 deliveries a year.