Most Active Stories
- Junior League Show Spotlights Different Kind Of Horse, Rider
- "Leaky Bucket" Report Finds Progress In Ky. Spending Trends
- Will The Building Boom Continue In Downtown Lexington?
- Parents Rally To Keep Jacobson Park Playground Creative
- Bunbury and Buckle Up Music Festivals present... WUKY's Phoenix Fridays
Mon September 23, 2013
Officer And Partner Recovering--Suspect Arrested
LEXINGTON, Ky--A motorist who's accused of hitting a mounted officer has turned himself into police.
Police say 45-year old William Grimes of Georgetown was behind the wheel of the black car that sideswiped Lexington Mounted Police Officer Ray Alexander, knocking him off his horse Paco and sending him to the hospital to be treated for minor injuries. Paco suffered cuts and bruising and is expected to make a full recovery.
Grimes was allegedly on his cell phone programming his GPS at the time of the accident and he did not stop. Grimes is charged with assaulting a police officer, leaving the scene of an accident and tampering with physical evidence.