Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Mon July 16, 2012
Obama, Beshear Discuss Northern Kentucky Bridge Project
FRANKFORT, Ky. -- President Barack Obama has completed a brief visit to northern Kentucky where he had a follow-up discussion with Governor Steve Beshear about a proposal to replace the Brent Spence Bridge that connects Kentucky and Ohio at Cincinnati.
The president visited with Beshear and his wife at the Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky Airport on Monday.
Beshear said afterward that Obama remains "very interested in getting that project going." Beshear said he assured Obama that he would be working with Ohio Gov. John Kasich "to make something happen."
The president visited the half-century-old bridge last year, proclaiming the need to replace it. But funding for the $2.4 billion project remains elusive.