Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Around the Nation
Mon August 20, 2012
N.Y. Library's Toilet Paper To Feature Ads
Originally published on Mon August 20, 2012 1:50 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Patrons of a public library in Port Chester, New York can continue reading in the bathroom. The Journal-News says the library will soon use toilet paper that features advertisements. Bryan and Jordan Silverman of Rye Brook developed the product. They contend it reaches a truly captive audience. Among other features, the toilet paper ads may include coupon codes that can read by the cell phones that people will, of course, have in their hands. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.