Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Thu August 1, 2013
NJ's Christie Says He Didn't Start Fight With Paul
TRENTON, N.J. -- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie says he didn't try to start a feud with Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul.
Christie said on his monthly call-in show Wednesday that he was simply answering a question last week about his views on a National Security Agency program before Paul criticized him.
On his TownSquare Media show Christie said "it was never about Sen. Paul until Sen. Paul tried to make it about me."
Christie was asked if he would have a beer and talk things through with the senator, who like Christie is seen as a possible presidential candidate in 2016.
Christie says he's too busy for that to be a priority. But that if he's in Washington, he'll "look him up."
Paul criticized Christie as having a "gimme, gimme, gimme" attitude about disaster relief after Christie chided libertarians like Paul over opposition to NSA surveillance.