Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue June 19, 2012
New Zealand Couple Spends $80,000 On Bucket List
Originally published on Tue June 19, 2012 9:48 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A New Zealand couple received shattering news. The husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer. So they made a list of things to do before he died, which is how they spent $80,000 on food and travel. Then, according to the New Zealand Herald, their bad news turned good. The diagnosis was wrong. He's not about to die. But the good news is also bad news, because they're now broke. At least they got trips to Australia and Fiji. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.