Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- NBC News' Chuck Todd: Kentucky Poised To Become "Center Of Political Universe"
Tue September 30, 2008
New Auto Parts Supplier Coming To Central Kentucky
By Kentucky Public Radio
Frankfort, KY – Fuel Total Systems of California, a subsidiary of FTS Company of Japan, will build a 140-thousand square foot facility on 20-acres in Marion County. Governor Beshear says the plant in Lebanon, which will manufacture automotive fuel tank systems, will provide 100 full-time jobs for Kentuckians. Average wages and benefits for these jobs will exceed 20-dollars an hour. I met with officials with Fuel Total Systems in June, during my visit in Japan.
Beshear says once the plant's constructed, there will be 158 Japanese-owned facilities in the commonwealth, employing nearly 40-thousand people. He says the new plant is further proof of the value of state economic development missions to the Orient.