Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Around the Nation
Mon December 26, 2011
NBA Commissioner Turns Boos Into Cheers
Originally published on Mon December 26, 2011 7:16 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. NBA Commissioner David Stern didn't get much credit as the pro basketball season resumed. Stern visited Dallas to start the lockout-shortened season on Christmas Day. The Mavericks there, were raising their banner from last season's championship. But when Stern spoke, he was booed. The lockout wasn't popular, and Mavericks owner Mark Cuban didn't like the settlement. Stern won over the home crowd, though, by praising Cuban and turning those boos into cheers. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.