Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed May 8, 2013
Murray State Board Of Regents Chair Requests New Vote On Dunn Contract
MURRAY, Ky. - The chairman of the Murray State University board of regents
is asking the board to vote again on extending President Randy Dunn's contract,
which expires next year.
Some complaints were filed and a donor threatened to pull scholarship funding
after regents got together in March, the night before a meeting where they voted
7-4 not to renew Dunn's contract.
Last month, the state attorney general's office ruled that the board violated
Kentucky's open meetings law when more than a quorum attended the social
gathering and discussed university business.
Board Chairman Constantine Curris said in a statement from the university
Wednesday that he wants the board to vote again when it meets Friday to provide
transparency and ``reinforce the board's responsibility to act with integrity.''
Curris previously said the contract vote didn't come up during the social