Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is TOMORROW!... with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed May 16, 2012
Movie Series Promotional Gimmick Turns Triangle Park's Fountains Red
LEXINGTON, Ky. - A simple gesture meant to promote a new free movie series coming to Lexington’s Triangle Park has not gone according to plan.
Motorists and pedestrians around the renovated park outside Rupp Arena were somewhat surprised to report seeing blood-red water flowing in the park’s signature fountains.
The Downtown Lexington Corporation intended to temporarily dye the h2o an eye-catching pink to tout the 80’s classic movie, Pretty in Pink, scheduled to kick off the series this Friday evening at dusk.
DLC President Renee Jackson told the Lexington Herald Leader they are working to adjust the strength of the red dye and the plan remains to turn the water back to clear by Monday.