Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue December 24, 2013
Mountain Of Holiday Cards Boosts Ky. Man's Spirits
A western Kentucky man is using the nearly 800 Christmas cards he's received at a rehab center as more than just a collection.
Allen Stone of Princeton sees the season's greetings as motivation.
Stone told WPSD-TV in Paducah that the cards made him realize just how much people are rooting for him.
Stone contracted a viral infection, Guillain Barre Syndrome, in May 2012.
Within a couple of days of onset, he went to the emergency room and slipped into a coma. He was unconscious for 6 weeks.
Stone says he'd love to see the cards keep coming and top 1,000.
He's recovering at the Princeton Health and Rehabilitation Center.