Most Active Stories
- Thank you for coming to the latest WUKY Phoenix Friday... Up next... August 22.
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- Join WUKY And NPR For The 2014 Newport Folk Festival
- Robert Plant "lullaby and … The Ceaseless Roar"
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Wed November 27, 2013
Mostly Smooth Sailing For Holiday Travelers In Ky.
A line of storms spared Kentucky travelers the worst of its wrath, creating only minor delays during the Thanksgiving holiday.
Blue Grass Airport and Louisville International Airport had a steady stream of travelers pass through Wednesday. Blue Grass Airport spokeswoman Amy Caudill said the only delays were because of weather conditions outside of the area and in hub cities. In Louisville, nearly all flights were on-time or projected to be on-time.
The brunt of the storm rolled through eastern Kentucky, which doesn't have a major airport or hub. The snow tapered off by Wednesday morning, leaving some roads slick, but no major traffic accidents were reported.