Most Active Stories
- Next WUKY Phoenix Friday is July 25 with Englishman, Small Batch & Saintseneca!
- Fresh Housing Numbers, New Eatery On Richmond Road, & West Sixth News On BizLexChat
- 6th District Hopeful Elisabeth Jensen Moves Into New Headquarters
- Satirical Senate Campaign After Laughs, Real Reforms
- Pop Bottle Bombs Found At Area High Schools, Student Activities Canceled
Tue September 25, 2012
More Positive News On Housing: Prices Rose For Third Straight Month
Home prices rose in July from June by 1.5 percent in its 10-city index and 1.6 percent in the 20 major cities where it tracks changes, the latest S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices report shows.
According to the report:
"For the third consecutive month, all 20 cities and both composites recorded positive monthly changes. It would have been a fourth had prices not fallen by 0.6% in Detroit back in April."
"All in all, we are more optimistic about housing. Upbeat trends continue," says economist David Blitzer, the chairman of the index committee at S&P Dow Jones Indices.